Your cart is currently empty!
The power of community defines us.
Waypoint is a nonprofit organization with a mission to support and empower children and adults with intellectual and other disabilities to reach their fullest potential.
Our Guiding Principles
- We show respect and compassion for each individual.
- We believe in self-empowerment and the dignity of risk for individuals we support in order to fully participate in their community.
- We conduct our activities with transparency, integrity and accountability.
- We engage in public policy and advocacy to promote the interests of our community.
- We value and respect the work of every staff.
- We are responsible stewards of our financial and other resources.
- We are committed to innovation and efficiencies that support our mission.
- We promote diversity, fairness and inclusion.
Every Waypoint program operates within these principles.
Waypoint has comprehensive Children’s Services and Adult Services to help individuals with disabilities lead fulfilling lives. We operate a special purpose private school for children, case management services, and clinical supports for adults and children, and a variety of residential options for adults.
Whether you are already a member, a prospective member, a family member or guardian or a supporter, you are an essential and valued part of our story.
With five decades of care and commitment in our history, Waypoint is looking ahead to a bright future. We are committed to meeting the evolving needs of our community as we continue to provide the highest quality care. For adults and children who depend on us, Waypoint is dedicated to consistent and excellent services that meet each individual’s needs.
Waypoint started with a vision.
More than 55 years ago, four lifetime friends wanted to create a special place for people with developmental disabilities and other special needs to come to and enjoy the summer.
These friends wanted to build a restful place centered on what humans need most: loving support, motivation, and patience. They soon designed programs to meet these goals and focused on helping people create a sense of self and achieve new milestones to build self-esteem.
The Waypoint goal on that first day has stood the test of time: offer people of all ages with physical, intellectual, and developmental disabilities an individualized path to recognize and reach their fullest potential.
We invite you to learn more about us. We would love to have you walk alongside us as Waypoint begins its next chapter.